It’s grown heavily with the Beatles and as Dr. Orzo notes…..sometimes if you click a nuber you’ll get a different number or a great buried recrording session from 1961….or several different versions of the same song… we’ve never seen anything quite like it in music! Enjoy this jukebox while its still legal! You may also be able to add to it..loook up an artist….click on a song and your on your way. Whoopja!
Archive for April, 2009
11 THINGS TO DO THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL WARM AND FUZZY. (these are all tried and tested by yours truly)
1. Sit in the window at Veracruz on Bedford Ave with friends, have a Pina Colada and people watch.
2. Go to a rooftop party and bask in the glory of the view of Manhattan.
3. Have a latte that was made with love.
4. Spend the day at the beach with your mates, then go and have fish n chips n beer with bare feet and messy hair.
5. Listen to ‘Magic’ by Olivia Newton John.
(Editors Note: Will do!)
6. Buy crispy new white sheets, pillows, and all that stuff and make your bed like a glamorous hotel room bed and have a bath and get in it.
7. Go to the gym if you don’t feel like it- make yourself do a huge workout and then freshen up and I promise you’ll feel amazing.
8. Go and see Semi Precious Weapons, get up the front and go crazy like a teenager…even if u think you’re old.
9. Go to the laundrymat on a rainy Sunday in Brooklyn and end up doing your washing with a an extremely good looking and cool Armani model.
10. Go on adventures, meet interesting new people, find them on facebook and BOB’S UR UNCLE.
11. Realize your dreams can come true if you believe it…if that doesn’t make you feel warm and fuzzy then you need to start dreamin’!!!!!!
Legendary New York auteurs Gary Keys and the extra handsome Milon Henry Levine hit the 3d film festival the ultra chic film makers lounge at the Tribecca Film Festival. Photo: Don Schneider/Glamwire.
Photos: Eva Kin Haensle/Glamwire
Eva Kim Haensle….the great genius behind the Tomaten Strudel brand….visitied the Milan Furniture Exhibition just a few days ago. Thes images are a Glamwire Exclusive and are precursors of work that we’ll be doing on helping you buy the best furniture…or…for those inclined, design build and market your own furniture line.
David Arquette, Rob Thomas, and Rachel Ray Photo: Gaye Watkins/Glamwire
Eric Ripert, the legendary Chef at Le Bernadin, and wife Sandra Ripert ham it up with Rachel Ray (right) and Sandra Cowen. Photo: Gaye Watkins/Glamwire.
Well…if you want to get involved and be of service….a great and not necesarily easy thing to do ….but you don’t have time to figure out your options….read the Gaye Watkins Report…Gaye covers the gala end of some organizations that when they are not doing galas..are genuinely helping out the folks that need the most help….which we are going to go out on a limb here and say is the most important work that can be done. Read Gayes report and volunteer….or maybe donate …or perhaps in these times bartend at one of these events…either way…the column is an easy and yeah, a fun way to stay in tune with ways that you can help out… if you’d like.
An Evening of Practical Magic
City Harvest held its Practical Magic Ball april 22th, at Cipriani 42 street. Host David Arquette took the stage with a roar of applause from the crowd. Rachel Ray and others were in attendance and showed their support for the organization which helps feed hungry New Yorkers. Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20 performed. The night raised 1 million dollars for City Harvest to continue helping people in need. For 25 years City Harvest has transported excess food from various food industries and free of charge, delivered the food to community groups within New York City. In this way and others, they hope to eradicate hunger in some areas of New York.
Glamwire’s glamorous playlist is always growing, and is always at your finger tips….We will always keep a playlist on your Glamwire News frontpage, so you can glamorously get through your day with the world’s greatest music. Which means today…..we’re adding Justin Timberlake and Marolyn Monroe!!! Stay tuned!!!
Dita Von Teese carries a Raven Kauffman Couture bag in Los Angeles yesterday….oooohhh lala!
New Look Mahvelous…is a new summation of the stuff we have sent to us every day by fashion publicists all over the world. The good news…it gives you a good look at new fashion lines….as almost all of these come from New Companies. From our friends at “Citizens of the Humamity” in Redondo Beach:
“Heidi Klum loves her Riley Sexy Boyfriend Selvage jean in the Digger Wash. The Riley retails for $238, style # 1170-062.”
Glamwire Retraction: “Champagne Clense” Not A Medical Breakthrough.
Water is King.
Our apologies….hey…we thought we had it from a reliable Medical Source…Instead.. we begin an exploratory series today called: The Glamour of Water.