Photo: Milon Henry Levine
Nominee #1 Badgely Mishka Spring ’11
Badgley Mischka is an American fashion label designed by Mark Badgley and James Mischka. Badgley and Mischka met at Parsons and found a common vision. The two launched the label Badgley Mischka in 1988, though their bridal business launched in 1993. Badgley and Mischka are partners in life and business. Their clothes have been worn by many celebrities, including Oprah Winfrey, Melissa Etheridge, and Tammy Lynn Michaels.
Badgley Mischka’s looks are described as “red-carpet-destined evening wear” but generally produced with lighter fabrics and less construction. They are also known for fragrance, handbags, shoes and eyewear.
In September 2006, Badgley Mischka announced that Sharon Stone would replace Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen as spokesperson. In August 2007, it was announced that Teri Hatcher will be in the Fall 2007 campaign.
The Badgley Mischka line is available at Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman and two boutiques in West Hollywood and Palm Beach. Their flagship Rodeo Dr. store will open Fall of 2010. There is a small section of Badgley Mischka in House of Fraser in Westfield Shopping Centre, London.
- Bridal Market 2010 – Badgley Mischka Bride (weddingbee.com)
- Badgley Mischka Spring 2011 MBFW (stylepantry.com)
- Go Black or Nude With Badgley Mischka (viecouture.com)
- Video: Mark Badgley and James Mischka’s Craziest Fashion Week Moment (stylelist.com)
- Badgley Mischka Brings Refreshing Look to Your New Black Shoes (viecouture.com)