Hey, well it looks like Monseiur St. Levine’s Fleur has wound up in the trashy downtown Cannes hotel room that Madmoiselle Francine calls home during the fest. NOTE: These people really will not change clothes during this. This will be noticed. Fair warning. A film that I think several companies are circling around right now below. It is called “The Artist.”
The Artist. France. 100 Mins.
SYNOPSIS: Hollywood 1927. George Valentin is a silent movie superstar. The advent of the talkies will sound the death knell for his career and see him fall into oblivion. For young extra Peppy Miller, it seems the sky’s the limit – major movie stardom awaits.
- Cannes film festival: Can Harvey Weinstein take a silent movie to the Oscars? (insidemovies.ew.com)
- “Cannes 2011: Weinstein’s pick up The Iron Lady” and related posts (totalfilm.com)
- VIDEO [FIRST Cannes Starlettes] (dogsmeat.wordpress.com)
- Film party: Everybody comes to Cannes, or wants to (ctv.ca)
- Cannes Day 3: Girl Just Wanna Have Funks (observer.com)