In Competition: Polisse (Poliss), France, 127 mins
- Glamwire Special Note: Ouch.
Synopisis: The daily grind for the cops of the Police Department‘s Juvenile Protection Unit – taking in child molesters, busting underage pickpockets and chewing over relationship issues at lunch; interrogating abusive parents, taking statements from children, confronting the excesses of teen sexuality, enjoying solidarity with colleagues and laughing uncontrollably at the most unthinkable moments. Knowing the worst exists and living with it.
How do these cops balance their private lives and the reality they confront every working day?
Fred, the group’s hypersensitive wild card, is going to have a hard time facing the scrutiny of Melissa, a photographer on a Ministry of the Interior assignment to document the unit.
- A Sneak Peak at POLISSE Before Cannes (collider.com)
- Fan Bing Bing at the “Polisse” Premiere at Cannes (stylegurus.wordpress.com)
- Cannes Film Festival: Polisse and Habemus Papam (Review) (popmatters.com)
- Cannes 2011 review: Le Gamin au Vélo/Polisse (guardian.co.uk)
- Parental misguidance at Cannes (arts.nationalpost.com)