In their rather subdued color palette, Christian Dior’s RTW Fall 2012 collection features quite a bit of grey, lavender and mauve, which go well together, as in their color-blocked grey and lavender coat which the model teams with grey leather gloves and a lavender leather belt and taupe suede shoes.
The clutch bag worn for that ensemble featured taupe grey leather, a Karakuli type fur flap and lovely iridescent flowers in cream and blue. One of the greys in the color-blocked coat was slightly blue as well – it’s all in the details…
In fact, it’s the mixing and matching that is made the various looks they put together for the collection so interesting. Speaking of interesting and intriguing, Dior’s Creative Director Bill Gaytten was very on-trend with his black combat boots accessorizing his black and navy blue ensemble, his trouser legs scrounged up to expose them. See him and his lovely creations in my slide show and thanks for reading…
- Paris Fashion Week, Fall 2007: Christian Dior (fabsugar.com)
- Dita Von Teese in Christian Dior Leather Dress: Love It or Hate It? (fabsugar.com)
- Watch Christian Dior’s Entire Fall 2012 Runway! (fabsugar.com)
- 2009 Couture: Christian Dior and Giorgio Armani (bellasugar.com)
- Runway Looks We Love: Christian Dior (news.instyle.com)