A New Zealand based Fotog out of his mind on truly excellent blended protein snaps these pictures on day 7 of the Hunger Striker allegedly indulging in a baguette at a down town Cannes cafe. These images were later admitedly staged with a friend of the Fotog and in fact are not of the Hunger Striker at all.
IN COMPETITION: HABEMUS PAPAM, FRANCE, ITALY 104 mins
Synopsis: Following the death of the Pope, the Conclave meets to elect his successor. A cardinal is chosen who seems unable to bear the weight of such a responsibility. Is it anxiety? Is it depression? Does he feel inadequate?
The faithful are waiting for the new Pope to appear on the balcony in St. Peter’s Square. The world is on tenterhooks, while in the Vatican they seek ways to come through the crisis.
- Habemus Papam, We Have a Pope is a run away success at Cannes Film Festival. (primociak.wordpress.com)
- Cheryl Cole: ‘Habemus Papam’ Premiere at Cannes! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Habemus Papam, We Have a Pope Nanni Moretti (primociak.wordpress.com)
- Cannes review: Habemus Papam (guardian.co.uk)
- Cannes Film Festival: Polisse and Habemus Papam (Review) (popmatters.com)